Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Please pray for the elderly woman I saw pinned under a car in the KeyFood parking lot

I flew back from California on the Sunday night red eye and arrived in NYC Monday morning in time to take Judah to school. I slept for a few hours and then picked him up. Around 4, Di, Judah, and I were in the KeyFood parking lot when an improperly parked car rolled out of its spot and pinned an elderly woman (appx. 65-70) underneath its tire in a pool of blood. Fortunately, Judah and Di didn't see what I saw. I told her to keep him away from the accident and ran to help a dozen men lift the car off of her body before calling 911. After answering questions from the operator for a few minutes, my heart was racing. I've seen some wild things before, but never saw an elderly woman pinned under a car while simultaneously trying to protect my son from images that would have caused nightmares and unnecessary emotional trauma. By the time we left, she was sitting beside the car, conscious and talking, though badly shaken and unable to walk. Pray for a full recovery. p.s. On the way into work today, traffic on the other side of the BQE was at a standstill due to a full blown car fire. What's up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home