Sunday, June 26, 2005

An unmatched honor

This afternoon at Flushing Meadows Corona Park, 100,000 gathered for what might be the final chapter in Billy Graham's storied career as a Crusade evangelist. And there we were, 25 minutes before he preached what is quite possibly his final sermon, kneeling in his private compound to pray with and for him: my father Pastor Richard Del Rio, my colleague and friend Pastor Dimas Salaberrios, crusade chairman Dr. A. R. Bernard, pastors committee chairman Pastor Bob Johannsen, and me. I was positioned immediately to Dr. Graham's right, holding his hand as we prayed. Even now, some five plus hours later, I'm still awed and humbled by this unmatched honor, and will cherish it until we meet again in heaven.

1 Comments:

At 6/27/2005 10:45:00 PM, Blogger tony sheng said...

thats awesome stuff. congrats on all your hard work coming to a reality. hope you get some rest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home