Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Much love and respect

... to my friends at Word of Christ International Church and all who were involved in this weekend's Encounter. I'll be posting thoughts and reflections from the weekend in the upcoming days, but suffice it to say for now that everyone within the reach of this blog and beyond should experience an Encounter. One other thing. For the last 18 months, which readers know have collectively been the most gruelling time of my life for a variety of reasons, I've been holding on to one promise more than any other:

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." (Isaiah 43:18-19)

Yet I struggled to see the new thing God was doing as it felt like the proverbial desert experience had no end in sight, and hope deferred was making my heart sick as a wasteland. This weekend, I drank from the stream again, and the way became a little more clear.

1 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 03:29:00 PM, Blogger urBenLA said...

wow, i needed to hear that passage in Isaiah today. Thank so much for posting it, it was such an encouragement to me especially since my wife and I are in a time of transition and a bit uneasy, it's good to grasp that promise and feel comforted by his presence.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home