Monday, September 19, 2005

Does this blog suck?

My buddy Matt asked me on Saturday. I've been trying to persuade him to start blogging, and even began one for him, but he's skeptical. So he asked me point blank about my blog: Why do so few people comment here? Is it because I "suck" or no one's reading or what? Pastor Roger asked a similar question, although a bit more diplomatically, this summer. Good questions all ... Please discuss amongst yourselves. :) After offering your opinion on this question, please offer one here as well.

3 Comments:

At 9/19/2005 08:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J, 99% of the time I'm online at work and the security prohibits posting, or I'd chime in more. As a friend, I like the site just for seeing your life unfold a little. Plus when I agree, I don't see the need to chime in a kiss up. And when I disagree, I'm always afraid the post will miss my tone so I pass.

 
At 9/20/2005 03:19:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've asked the same question myself, since readership doesn't seem to equal commentorship (word?). It is obvious that the more hyperbolic or controversial, generally the more the comments. But I'm not sure how to encourage people just to comment where commenting would add to a broader - even if not radically convergent or controversial - look at a topic.

Personally, I appreciate your transparency & your thinking. I don't always comment 'cause your posts just make me think a little more. But I try to comment where I have already formed some thoughts. Also, I agree with what "obasi kidtreck" shared as well about comments.

Final summary - Keep it up.

 
At 10/05/2005 11:56:00 PM, Blogger Bob said...

Yeah right, and how did we "meet"?!? LOL Maybe someday in person?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home