Thursday, June 01, 2006

Please pray for my grandfather

UPDATE, 6/4: My grandfather has taken a turn for the worse and the doctors don’t expect him to survive the night. My mother, cousins David and Jennifer, and I will be flying down to Puerto Rico tonight to join my father, Jamie and many other family members. Please pray for us.

UPDATE, 6/2 11PM: Not much to report, other than the abundance of prayer that's been raised in the past 36 hrs. Thank you for all the wonderful emails and prayer notes. Keep them coming!

My grandfather Felipe Del Rio was rushed to a hospital in Puerto Rico this morning in a diabetic coma. The doctors are trying to raise his blood suger and conducting tests to see the extent of any permanent damage. Please pray for none. At 78, he's still built like an ox, and as recently as yesterday was working overtime to prepare his coffee farm for the upcoming hurricane season.

UPDATE: As of 9PM tonight, there has been no noticeable change. He's being held in the inensive care unit for ongoing tests and treatment. My father and Uncle Philip are flying down first thing in the morning. I may join them this weekend.

2 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 04:34:00 PM, Blogger Ralph Castillo said...

I got your message! I will make sure we pray tonight in the prayer meeting!

Ralph

 
At 6/07/2006 11:10:00 AM, Blogger John Liotti said...

I'll be praying...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home