Friday, December 30, 2005

Google's "message in a bottle" really works

Rudy Carrasco tipped us off to the fact that name dropping in blog posts increases blog traffic from Google and other internet search engines, a lesson that's proven to be very true in Year 1 of this blog. I've had more hits from people searching for Tupac, Kanye West, 50 Cent, Jay-Z, A. R. Bernard, Dr. Billy Graham, Rick Warren, Lou Engle, Joe Trippi, Brian McLaren, Bono, and dozens of other newsmakers than any supposedly novel idea I've written. Curious ... So a couple of weeks ago I used this space for an experiment. I wanted to reconnect with an old friend whom I hadn't seen in ten years until he showed up as a contestant in Season 2 of Project Runway. "Email me, Andrae Gonzalo," the post requested. Exactly three weeks later, he did, and hopefully we get reaquainted after all these years! That's Big Brother Google using its connectivity for good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home