Sunday, May 15, 2005

Breakfast in bed

Judah awoke this morning around 8:30. Mom and I weren't ready to wake up fully, so I laid down with him on the couch as he watched Caillou. Predictably I dozed until Judah gently shook me saying, "Come into the kitchen. I have a surprise for you." "Yikes," I thought. Kitchen surprises usually backfire, but I obliged. Eyes closed, he led me by the hand to the table, where proudly he announced I could look. He made me his favorite breakfast, with a twist: buttered bread, sliced cheese, a glass of milk, and, for a grown-up effect, leftover Chinese, with four place settings. Said he learned how to make me breakfast because that's what Caillou did for his daddy. Life doesn't get any better than this!

2 Comments:

At 5/17/2005 08:39:00 PM, Blogger Bob said...

Great story! I'm going to copy it to The Dad's Group! (thedadsgroup.blogspot.com)

 
At 5/19/2005 08:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless Judah, he's a wonderful boy. I love him very much.

BoomX2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home