Monday, March 14, 2005

Healthy Monday?

Last week I played the role of nurse for my sick wife and son. This weekend I was the patient. Saturday was a great day. Judah woke up without a fever for the first time since Tuesday. Diana was also feeling much better and spent the day with her aunt at a conference in Queens. Judah and I stayed in but he was generally energetic and even regained some of his appetite. At 7:30, I ordered Chinese for dinner, but something happened between the time I placed the order and when the food arrived around 8:15. My stomach got violently ill. Without getting too graphic, let's just say I don't recall my body ever doing what it did for the next 24 hours. This morning I'm feeling better, but still weak and no appetite yet. I'm hoping to get into work this afternoon for a couple of hours, but we'll see. Need strength for a long week. Saturday evening, Judah gave me yet another reason to think he's the coolest kid ever. Faced with the realization that his dad was basically dying and he was the only other person around, he kept praying for me, kissing my head, and putting his little hand on my shoulder. Then when I laid in bed at around 11, he offered to lay with me rather than watch another video. (He doesn't usually watch so much tv, but Saturday night was special.) Judah, you're the greatest! Thanks for helping daddy get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home