Wednesday, April 26, 2006

RIP, Junior

Junior died this weekend in a car accident. The news hit me hard last night, because he was one of the very first Generation Xcel kids ten years ago, a great boy who had it all: looks, charm, athleticism, smarts. He used to beat me in chess, played basketball on the team Jonathan coached, even attended Abounding Grace for a few months. We lost regular contact with him in 1997, but would see him several times a year at outreach events. He was always respectful and was one of those guys that promised to return to faith "one day." I'm hopeful that day came sometime between when I last saw him and this weekend. But I can't be sure this side of eternity. My heart is heavy, both for Junior and the billions of others like him that tempt fate every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home