Monday, November 28, 2005

Youth Explode in Glendale, Queens

Thanks to Adam Durso, Ralph Castillo, and my friends at Christ Tabernacle for inviting me to participate in the first Youth Explosion Conference this weekend. Also on the program: The Will Rodriguez Band, Ambassador of Cross Movement, Bishop Roderick Caesar, and Pastor Michael Durso. What a privilege to share the program with them. They asked me to present, "You are Not Alone: We > Me." (Podcast coming soon.) One of the first messages I recall my father preaching was, "Alone we cannot do it, but together we can take this City for Jesus." I was nine or ten at the time, but the words made an impression and have guided my ministry trajectory ever since then, whether as an undergrad at NYU, with the 9/11 relief efforts, the Coalition, or the Billy Graham Crusade. To be able to represent the idea 20 or so years later in this context was a thrill. I even got to work in my unconventional Christmas wish. The Conference launched with a concert and CD/DVD release on Friday night. The Christian Post said of the event: "Two hours before show time, throngs of young people wearing baggy jeans, insignia T-shirts, and their caps backwards were thumping and bobbing their heads in a church that looked more like a nightclub." (Article). Purchase your copy of "Youth Explosion: The Concert ... The Story" online.

1 Comments:

At 11/29/2005 12:13:00 PM, Blogger Ralph Castillo said...

Thanks for hanging with us this weekend! You were awesome...

Ralph
Youth Explosion

 

Post a Comment

<< Home