Thursday, September 22, 2005

Is the Assemblies of God ready for the Emerging Church?

One guy's attempt to translate the so-called "emergent church" for an A/G district:

"Now remember, I was to challenge and represent a mindset that is growing inside and outside the church walls. So I don’t necessarily do all these things, or fit into all these mindsets. But I do long to understand this 'people group,' and find myself defending and implementing these ideas more and more. "The response I received was predictable. Many Student and College Pastors were in agreement. Knodding and smiling, and encouraging. Most of the Lead Pastors were either upset or confused. There were some exceptions, but generally speaking they were pretty defensive." Link.
Is this just another generational understanding gap, or is there something inherently different about EC issues?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home