Monday, July 18, 2005

I need a new laptop

Rudy and Bob (not to mention CoCo, Matt, and dozens of others) are working me over to get a Mac. It's not a hard sell, actually. My first meaningful computer experiences were all on Macs, circa. 1985, and I preferred using Macs all the way through law school. But $$$ realities (the lack thereof) have kept me bound to PCs for too long. My Dell Inspiron 2650 laptop, which was state-of-the-art 3.5 yrs ago, is a boat anchor now, slower than a toddler's sprint and with the memory efficiency of Aunt Fanny (you don't want to know). Anyone have a refurbished Mac (iBook or PowerBook) you want to donate, or better yet, $3K to contribute to my Buy-a-Mac-Now Fund? Truly, it will be the most utilized tax-deductible donation you could make to Xcel. I still use my Dell dinosaur everyday, for business applications, web design, multimedia production, and photo editing. I promise to make your investment well worth it.

4 Comments:

At 7/19/2005 12:29:00 AM, Blogger Bob said...

Ah, I wish I still had the link to the German study a few years ago in which the Inspiron was found to put out 10x more radiation than any other laptop...

How ya feelin' Jeremy? :-)

I'd help if I wasn't feeling the laptop need as well.

 
At 7/19/2005 12:30:00 AM, Blogger Bob said...

Oh, and your "Buy a Mac Now" fund has timed out. Am I the bearer of bad news or what?!?

 
At 7/19/2005 12:48:00 AM, Blogger Jeremy Del Rio said...

That radiation thing's scary ... I've never been afraid to take the "lap" thing seriously.

 
At 6/15/2006 04:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha...i have a sony vaio crashed and burned. i was considering buying a mac, but dog i feel you lack $$$. what are the best deals that dell have....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home