Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Court Update

The judge agreed today to decide the ownership question once and for all before proceeding any further with the eviction case against Generation Xcel and my dad's church, Abounding Grace Ministries. If she concludes that the purported landlord does not properly own the building, they have no legal basis to continue trying to evict us. Please continue to pray, as she will be deciding the issue, in part, on the basis of testimony from the New York State Attorney General's office in November that their supposed purchase of the building is "voidable." (For more on the nature of the overall litigation, check out the New York Daily News coverage here.)

1 Comments:

At 2/01/2005 06:49:00 PM, Blogger I.:.S.:. said...

I probably have little in common with you but I wish you the best re. this property dispute you seem to be having. Housing law and community activism is something I take an interest in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home